Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Spring Break I Will Never Forget

I got the joy, privilege, honor, and opportunity to spend my Spring Break in Puyallup, Washington with my best friend, her husband, and baby girl. Tim and Steph asked me to come and care for their little girl for a whole week. This would be Steph's 2nd week back at school. I said, "yes", without hesitation. I would never pass up an opportunity to see them and spend some time with that precious baby.

From Monday to Friday it was me and the baby from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Here are some highlights of my trip. 1. Each time I would wake her up from her nap, I would recieve the biggest, best smile anyone could ask for. 2. She loved kisses, and by the end of my time there, gave me the best slobbery kiss ever. 3. The way she would giggle and blow raspberries. 4. Our daily walks together. All bundled up with cool sunglasses and hats. 5. Late night and early morning talks with Steph. 6. Each and every minute of my trip.

It was so hard to say goodbye, knowing that it would be another 4 months before I would see them again. I thought I was holding it together until Steph started crying at the airport. I tried to pull it together before I got to the ticket counter, but it was no use. I think the ticket lady thought that something was wrong. I then got a couple strange looks from the people at the security checkpoint. It is so nice to have such wonderful friends that touch your life each time you are with them...near or far. I love them all so much.

Here are some photos of my time in Puyallup. Her auntie Alyssia really loves her :)




Precious Little One

Ready for a walk

Aunt Alyssia sharing kisses

2 comments:

Mel said...

What a wonderful way to spend your spring break...so many wonderful memories!

Tim and Steph said...

Lys, what a great post! It was such a blessing to have you here. Your friendship means so much to me. I'm already looking forward to seeing you this summer!! Love and miss you!