Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Long Time Coming



So, it has been a while since I have written. I'm not sure if a lot has happened or if I have just been keeping busy with nothing. School has been out since the end of May, but I have been working in my class almost every Monday-Friday morning. I had to move classrooms for the 3rd time in 5 years of teaching :) The classroom I got to move into needed a lot of TLC. I had to clean it all out, paint, and move my stuff in. It is finally beginning to feel like "my room" and I am looking forward to a new year.


In June, my mom, sister-in-law, her mom, and I all made a road trip to Portland and Seattle. We had a wonderful time shopping, talking, and shopping some more. I stayed in the Seattle area (Puyallup to be exact) and extra 4 days to spend some time with Stephanie and Ava. It was so great to get to watch Ava while Steph worked. Steph and I also got to spend a day together; that was wonderful. I am looking forward to Tim, Steph, and Ava visiting in a couple weeks.


I also got a puppy in June. Her name is Paisley. She is a goldendoodle (golden retriever/poodle mix). I think she is pretty darn cute. Some disagree. She is doing well as far as training goes, but it has definitely been challenging at times.


This last week I got to spend 5 days with 18 girls from Nampa Christian. We went to NBC (Northwest Basketall Camp) in LaGrande. It was a long week, but it was also fun. The girls were wonderful. I am looking forward to what this next basketball season holds for us.


Now I am back in Nampa and keeping myself busy training for another 1/2 marathon, doing crossfit, working at school, spending time with my puppy, spending time with my boyfriend, friends, and family, tutoring, babysitting, and trying to enjoy some sunshine.

1 comment:

erica said...

Who in the world would think your dog isn't cute?? Paisley is ridiculously cute! By the way, I'm excited to be training with you again, it feels just like old times. :)