Monday, March 9, 2009

The Things Kids Say

So, at school today the kids had to write a letter to a special relative. As I took their letters home to read, I was so pleased with the work they did. Kids really can say the sweetest things. Here are a few of their letters.

To David - "I got a game of Scarface. I love it. I love the baby girl" - he is talking about his little baby girl cousin that was just born about a month ago. :)

Dear Kyle - "You are my favorite cousin."

Dear Matthew - "When it's summer and we have grass, we can play soccer, football, and baseball." (a letter to his brother)

Dear grandpa and grandma - "I love you grandpa and grandma. I hope you are doing good. I wish you could be with me."

Dear Uncle John and Aunt Tressa - "I love you. You are my good uncle and aunt."

To Nicolas - "I love you. Get well soon. I got a new toy called an Omitrix from Ben 10. I hope you get to go home soon." (a letter to his cousin who is in the hospital)

Dear mom and dad - "In school I have been learning about Indian gods. They worshipped totum poles. On them were pictures of animals and other gods."

These are the times that I remember why I am a teacher. Kids can truly be a blessing.

1 comment:

erica said...

Kids are so fun. :) My cousin just posted on her blog about the kids in her class (1st grade) who wrote about what they would do if they were the president. One kiddo said he would train the soldiers, do some paperwork, sharpen his pencil and then jump on the couch when the day was over. Ha! :)